Monday, March 5, 2007

"SMILE"

Last night we left home and hugged our boys good-bye. We miss them so much already!! We picked up some more things we knew we would need and drove about half-way to the airport to stay for the night. We don't want to be late!! We were exhausted already. After some much needed sleep we are ready to go to the airport today and get on the plane to make our way to Sananda. :)

There is a song that had been playing on our radio station for quite some time while we were still waiting for the judge to sign our guardianship papers. Thanks to our friend Joel for helping us to locate this song and the lyrics! If you have a chance to listen to it, do.

It is called "Smile" by Chris Rice.
The chorus goes like this:

I just wanna be with you.
I just want this waiting to be over,
I just wanna be with you,
and it helps to know the day is getting closer,
every minute takes an hour,
every inch feels like a mile,
till I won't have to imagine and
I finally get to see you smile!

With all of the pictures and video that we have received of Sananda, we still have yet to see her smile. So, this song has helped us some with getting through the waiting period.

Well, we better get back on the road. We will post as we can.

We miss you boys!!!!!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Dear Lynda,

Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me. I will be following your family's journey to meet Sananda, and can't wait to see new photos! I also love the song lyrics you posted here. I've never heard the song, but I'm going to try to find it. In all of our waiting to bring Samedh home, we never saw any photos of him smiling either. But let me tell you, once we brought him home, he started smiling all of the time! It may take a day or 2 for Sananda to smile and laugh for you, but that day will come and you will be so blessed!
Love from Michigan,
Deb, Pankaj, and Samedh

Nadra said...

Lynda,

Praying for your safe travel and the moment you see that precious smile.

Blessings,
Nadra

Julie & Patrick said...

Hi Lynda,

Thanks for sharing the blog. I am enjoying it all ready. I am anxiously awaiting the rest of your journey to Sananda.

Safe travels!
Julie