Tuesday, August 19, 2008

reunion












Wow! Two posts so close together! What is happening here? Well, recently we had a little reunion of some of our kids who stayed at the same orphanage around the same time. We had a fun time with a cookout on Friday night and a visit to the zoo on Sat. It was really neat to meet the families, and babies that went home to them. We swapped traveling stories and reasons why we all adopted and from India in particular, it was nice to get to know them. I wondered how Sananda would react to get to see these kids again. She just started in playing with them like it was any other day. I hope we can do this again in the future and that more families can join in the activites. Since we met on India's Independence Day I had brought coloring pages of the Indian flag for the kids to fill in. The next day was Rakhi and I brought braclets and sweets to celebrate it, but we were at the zoo and I didn't think I was allowed to bring anything in so we never had the opportunity to do those activities together, it was a fun time being there anyway.

Comments on the photos:

1. Play ball!
2. Sananda showing her bangles that I brought home for her recently from my trip to India.
3.Sananda being cute!
4. Sananda's friend Anya
5. Sananda's friend Zane and his mommy having a laugh.
6. Sananda, Anya and David playing beside each other.
7. Sananda, Anya and David coloring India flag pictures.
8. Sananda's friend David
9. Photo in front of the elephants. The "elephants" seemed the popular place to take family photos that day.
10.Sananda was really hoping to touch a shark(my girl!)but never did it.

Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda,

Nice to see you having a great time at teh party. Am sure the kids would have enjoyed the Zoo and coloring part. I always used to take my nephew to the park near by which he loved it. They moved to Australia couple of weeks back and will be visiting india only once in couple of times.

Check out the website for our dear daughter we have created

http://waitforourangel.blogspot.com/
Also check out some of the pictures I have taken

in flickr (user name nchukka)

Julie & Patrick said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! All the children look great!

Hope we have many more reunions in the future. We look forward to being able to attend one someday.

Thanks for sharing the experience

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

Hi Lynda!

I finally got to your blog -- for some reason, my computer wouldn't let me type in your address & get here. I snuck in through a link on someone else's blog. :o)

It was such a pleasure to meet you in person! I look forward to more reunions in the future.

With love,
Nancy